S'bush South, VT 2/21

Talisman

Got to the 'bush early and was on the Gatehouse Quad heading up at 7:55 AM. There was 3 inches of new snow maybe a little more in places and snow was still falling. Got lots of fresh tracks and at 8:55 migrated to Castlerock and got two laps in before the lift shutdown for some reason. Headed to the North Lynx for some powder laps through uncut powder at mid-morning! Did a nice run through Deeper Sleeper Glade which was nice but scraped off in a few spots, but traversed to some fresh. <BR> <BR>Went back to Castlerock for a few more laps during lunch and headed to Heaven's Gate once the lift line at Castlerock built up. Paradise had awesome bumps that were just loaded with powder. Wound down the day doing some powder bumps through some trees on Moon Shine and making tracks through Eden Glade. Eden had many powder lines uncut when I left at 2:30 PM. <BR> <BR>This was a great ski day at Sugarbush; fresh snow and no waits at the lifts except Castlerock. Where was everyone? My original plan had been to head to North once the mob showed up, but there was no reason to waist the time on the transfer lift. Sugarbush needed the snow and could use more, but really delivered the goods on Saturday.

I love Sugarbush. The Castlerock Peak is awesome after snowfalls. Middle Earth is my favorite. The only thing that I don't like, it's that the Slide Brook Express is closed during the week

Back