Snow Summit: Spenny in SoCal Video

schubwa

My youngest son, now approaching full pro status as a snowboarder, is seen here working his homeland. He was born 19 years ago in Newport Beach and learned how to ski at Bear Mountain which is just a hop from Snow Summit. He quickly left skiing for the deck.
He spent most of the winter in the SLC area and mentioned it was better at Big Bear than back in Utah! Ouch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0kELVcoOP4

schubwa":1h2uoyb2 said:
He spent most of the winter in the SLC area and mentioned it was better at Big Bear than back in Utah! Ouch.

OK, that hurts. That really hurts.

Looks like he can pretty much do as he wishes with the various park features... (aka very smooth rider).

Though the terrain park features look pretty small at Summit IMO. I would have thought the southern Cali market would demand huge features for the snowboard scene out there, not just small and medium sized stuff shown in the vid.

Though the terrain park features look pretty small at Summit IMO. I would have thought the southern Cali market would demand huge features for the snowboard scene out there, not just small and medium sized stuff shown in the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jZi3rQh ... ure=relmfu
Here is some of the bigger stuff they have there. Manny* said he's been out there for a few weeks and got there right after they got two feet. Then he went down to Woodland Hills and visited his grandparents. What a good boy!

OK, that hurts. That really hurts.
What would really hurt was if you knew how good it got here, for weeks, starting the day you left.

* Family nickname

And to think that I once actually liked you.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk

And to think that I once actually liked you.

LOL, I'm sure you'll even the score some day. :wink:

Hopefully Manny lands some Hollywood movie deal and I can get to travel a little more....

(Dream)

EMSC":23detj7n said:
Though the terrain park features look pretty small at Summit IMO.
When Summit bought Bear Mt. in 2002 they concentrated more of the park features at Bear, including a big superpipe.

Back