stowe, vt, 4-16-09

joegm

epic....goat and starr FROM THE TOPS all the way down, sick lines ... super tight and by 11 nice and soft....centerline/hayride to gulch, outstanding....national all the way down to liftline cut over , awesome....liftline not so good as the lines were very erratic.....blue sky... 40 f in the shade up top and about 50 down at the 4 runner....no one here... what the hell else is new ](*,) ....lucky me gets to hit it again tomorrow....the coverage on the starr and goat is superb....lookout is shot and pretty much unskiable.... there is no place like stowe stowe could easily go another 2 weeks with any help from the weather, but im told the 19th is it....

side reports... 2 buddies were at wildcat yesterday, and i have maintained since feb, it has not been a good year over there....their take is the lines are weak because of the combination of lack of snow and rain that forced a lot of grooming over there that would not normally be done...a hard icy base resulted and now that base is just not setting up ....i knew that was going to happen but so it goes in the northeast....a crew from hunter mountain skied cat with my buddies yesterday and i hooked up with them today at stowe... they were livid about Killington saying there is nothing at all there... they said the idiots at K have smashed the you know what out of everything.. they were there on monday and tuesday and said it sucked.....and reading a few comments on K zone , it sounds like they are right.... :roll: also ran into a patroler from sugarbush today... he came to stowe because in his exactly words " there ain't shit at sugarbush "....interesting......i can't say whether that is true or not...but i definitely believe the K story.... when will these resorts ever learn....

It's nice to hear that things are going well at Stowe. Powderfreak hasn't updated since his SkiVT-L report on Wednesday, but he said that it had been great week up to that point. The weather is looking good for Sunday, so I suspect I'll be out there with the boys if that forecast holds.

-J

J.Spin":1vhyue53 said:
The weather is looking good for Sunday, so I suspect I'll be out there with the boys if that forecast holds.
I'll probably be south of the 45th parrallel this weekend for one day or two of skiing. My options: Jay, Stowe or Loaf...the logistics and weather is a whole different matter.

Hopefully experiences like this are nudging joegm into considering changing his base of operations. Sale price might be low, but the buy price should be too. We like reading upbeat reports here on FTO. :wink:

I'll probably be south of the 45th parrallel this weekend for one day or two of skiing.
Given this report and JSpin's favorable weather forecast, I hope Morgane is going with you.

Tony Crocker":l3yrjn41 said:
I hope Morgane is going with you.
Logistics issues in the kitchen are getting louder. Not sure what I'm going. Morgane has music and other activity tomorrow (maybe Sunday also). Music the following two weekends and Swin-a-thon next Sunday. Looks like her season ended last Sunday, at least it didn't end due to injury like her sister (actually it did, we didn't ski on Monday due to medical appointment to get Tara in a leg cast). :(

Not only is Morgane not getting destination trips, she's not even getting to ski the better places in the East.
My options: Jay, Stowe or Loaf
So no surprise her interest in skiing is declining.

BACK OFF!!! :evil:

Tony Crocker":eaqp15mk said:
Not only is Morgane not getting destination trips, she's not even getting to ski the better places in the East.

Let's see, Whiteface and Sutton last weekend. Jay was scheduled for Monday but a fracture in the family can fuck up plans.

Tony Crocker":eaqp15mk said:
So no surprise her interest in skiing is declining.

:bs:

Tell that to her, :brick: however she cannot do everything at once, like I cannot ski everyday that I want. Family, social, work engagements, it's all part of life. The music lessons and concert is in two weeks.

Morgane wants to race next year, they are issues to work out regarding her continued music class.

Jspin and steve,
liftline headwall and the lower section runout and the lower part of lower national took a big hit overnight and the crossover is a bit sketch in places but the coverage is still there....nosedive to tres amigos is just loaded and the flat section of nosedive looks like it has a 5 foot base on it... centerline/hayride are loaded, and the gulch is still loaded....i'd drop in goat via the liftline if you are skiing on good sticks.... same with starr from the top....if they get rain on sat , it might knock down some rutted lines that had popped up by the end of the day , today...turn em good !...I can't believe I have to ski Killington next week... :evil:

Back