The Seeded Bumps Thread

joegm":1s6swwiw said:
and another thing- for all the nonsensical clowns who say bumps should be all natural all the time: that thinking more than likely would have resulted in the cancellation of the olympic mogul competition in this years olympics. BRILLIANT :evil:
IT'S OK TO MAINTAIN RACE COURSES BUT IT'S NOT OK TO MAINTAIN BUMP COURSES...YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ripped from the cannon thread: i don't recall any one on this board saying that all bumps should be natural all the time. in a matter of fact, i am all for a seeded bump run or two at every ski area in new england. for my pleasure as well as the pleasure of dedicated bumpers like joegm and crew. just because i love natural snow and naturally occuring bumps in a natural environment does not mean i wouldn't enjoy skiing a seeded bump run every now and again and i certainly don't begrudge other people the opportunity to ski their style of conditions. also, i think seeded bump runs on intermediate terrain are sorely needed to help get newbies and intermediates into the bumps without forcing them down a steep natural bump trail that is scraped to pieces. you have no arguement here joegm, i don't think you have an arguement from any one. and i think it would be in the resorts best interest to develop a dedicated seeded bump run for so many different reasons. i have seen a lot more cropping up in the past three or four years since this topic has been addressed ad nuasium here at FTO.

Ditto what Rivercoil said. As much as we all love natural snow, we do live in the East, so make as much snow as possible. In fact we do need more intermediate bump runs so all can enjoy. Wildcat does a nice job with their two kwasi - Gondi runs. They blow it, spread it, leave it and at times spread it again to prolong skiing on those trails.

I'm a big seeded bump fam. My little local hill, Ski Sundown currently has some of the best seeded bumps I've seen in Southern NE. The low-angle run is short, but sweet. I plan to sample it again tonight!

Back