Will $ Fast Passes Become Standard?

ChrisC

https://www.skimag.com/news/powdr-fast-tracks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

How many ski mountains have 'fast pass' lines for pay? I have seen them at Northstar and Flims-Laax, but I guess they are going to become a thing.

Seems really expensive - $49/day. You really would only need them on weekends/holidays, and on a few core lifts. But a little crazy.

With $200 lift tickets and a $49 fast pass... two people could almost have lift tickets and a guide in Europe.

Although they could be useful on a weekend powder day at Jackson Hole....

This particular innovation is courtesy of POWDR Corp, and I had already heard about it because the Mt. Bachelor locals are protesting about it. At Bachelor, it seems a good answer to a question few people would ask, as I can't recall ever waiting more than 5 minutes for a lift there. Bachelor is home to a disproportionate number of my highest vertical days, including #1 and three of the top seven.

The other 3 areas mentioned, Copper. Killington and Snowbird, might see more utilization of Fast Passes. After Ian Cumming's death, is Snowbird officially a POWDR Corp resort now?

Mammoth for several years now has had Black Passes, which cost $10K per season and permit cutting all lines. I'm not sure I've ever noticed someone using that.

I can only imagine this could be worthwhile 9am-2pm .... Weekends ....Post-Christmas to early March.

In short, maybe 15 days max? And limited hours 9-2?

Did they really do their market research? They needed people out in parking lots surveying thousands of guests. Doubt it. I was at Bachelor in 2019 and did not see anyone.

This looks like an ill-informed decision....that I truly doubt they did research to support it. Wonder what the Chief Marketing Officer thinks - zero - because no work was done.

Get out in the parking lots and lift lines (if you can find any)....and talk.

Again, it's weekend powder days at Alta, Snowbird, Jackson........that would be desirable to cut lines. Tram.

Back