5 Camelback, PA
3 Campgaw, NJ
1 Les Gets, FR
1 Morzine, FR
1 Mont Chéry, FR
1 Avoriaz, FR
1 Châtel, FR
1 Champoussin, CH

With the exception of my trip to France, not a stellar season on a variety of levels. Glass half-full: no injuries, a fair number of outings with my son, and there's always next year.

Still active....I currently stand at 71 days...hoping to be close to 75 on Easter Monday.

Oh yeah, it just started snowing here.

Off the top of my head:

Tremblant : 4
Lower Laurentians (Sauvage-Gabriel-Avila) : 3
New York (Titus-Gore) : 2
MRG : 4
Rest of VT (Smuggs, Burke, Middlebury) : 3
NH (Waterville, Cannon) : 2
Owl's Head : 1
Sunday River : 1
Mont Chilly : 1

Local :
Edelweiss : 40
Fortune : 3
Vorlage : 2
Cascades : 2
Ste-Marie : 3

The season list can be found here : http://madpatski.wordpress.com/ski-days/2013-14/

The Vermont number and Lower Laurentians will probably increase before the end of Eastern liftserved. I might even get a few local days if I have the time.

Added 3 new ski areas : Sauvage, Gore and Middlebury.

I might as well play along since I'm most likely done for 13-14 as of yesterday. Several slices and dices of the data include these fun stats:

Cost per day (lift tickets/passes only): Me - $17.50/day (that includes one day at $139!), Wife - $35.58/day

Nov: 1
Dec: 5
Jan: 4
Feb: 9
Mar: 8
Apr: 2
Total: 29

Eldora: 18
Loveland: 4
Winter Park: 1
Beaver Creek: 1
Copper: 1
A-Basin: 1
Hut Trip: 3

I noted 12 days of at least part powder skiing in this year's bunch. Plus 11 days with Jr and one more with my wife... So only a couple days burned on things like demo days in Nov or non-pow days. All in all an excellent season for both me and for most of Colorado.

I can understand James being done, but EMSC? A-Basin rates to have a very nice and possibly extended spring this season. I wouldn't be thinking about hanging 'em up considering the quality of your recent day at Loveland and multiple areas open another 2+ weeks. Midwinter skiing without midwinter crowds, what's not to like?

Tony Crocker":52a8txmy said:
I can understand James being done, but EMSC? A-Basin rates to have a very nice and possibly extended spring this season. I wouldn't be thinking about hanging 'em up considering the quality of your recent day at Loveland and multiple areas open another 2+ weeks. Midwinter skiing without midwinter crowds, what's not to like?

I don't see anything more than several 2-4 inchers in the 10 day forecast intermixed with warm days. So outside of light pow & soft turns this Thursday when I have meetings and can't make it, the full-on winter snow will likely subside unless big storms come again after the 25th of April... Corn can be fun, but I'm not likely to expend all that much effort to ski spring snow this year. I got a lot more ski days than the past couple of seasons and also a decent chunk of powder days which are far more rare (aka worth bigger efforts). Also, skiing does still burn through the spousal points over the course of a whole winter...

Who knows; I might get more in, but not counting on it at this point. If Jr were 10 and loved to ski with me every weekend it'd be a whole different story of course, but we're just not there yet.

Tony Crocker":26c37zqc said:
Do you ever even think to consider that there might be factors other than skiing that might be important in a person's life?

Marc_C":32f66pbm said:
Do you ever even think to consider that there might be factors other than skiing that might be important in a person's life?
What does Tony care? He's on his -- I've lost count -- seventh destination trip of this season? Must be nice!

EMSC":15qv6rvv said:
If Jr were 10 and loved to ski with me every weekend
The light at the end of the tunnel. I see EMSC's ski day count in an upward trend before too long.

jamesdeluxe":21hoio54 said:
Marc_C":21hoio54 said:
What does Tony care? He's on his -- I've lost count -- seventh destination trip of this season? Must be nice!
Yeah, that's true.
I just find the value judgements placed on *other people's* ski decisions and how *they decide* to spend *their* time, without them asking for the "advice" - which half the time seems like scolding - just gets wearisome over the course of a season.

31 days. Wish it were more.

Most at Snowbasin, some at Deer Valley.

>Do you ever even think to consider that there might be factors other than skiing that might be important in a person's life?

Such an ass. Thoroughly and completely and so unnecessarily.

Evren":1feokvni said:
>Do you ever even think to consider that there might be factors other than skiing that might be important in a person's life?

Such an ass. Thoroughly and completely and so unnecessarily.

Who peed in your cornflakes this morning? Maybe you'd feel better if Tony chided you for being a local and not getting at least 60 days.

114. Modest Mt.
7. Big Sky
1 day each at Blacktail,Snowbowl,Great Divide,Showdown,Teton Pass.
100% Montana,deep snowpack first day till close,even Big Sky.
Plenty of snow for the "third" season.

Area Days Vertical Powder
Mammoth 3 72.4 12
Snow Summit 1 19.8 0
Aspen Highlands 2 32 1
Snowmass 3 54.5 6
Aspen Mt. (Ajax) 2 40.8 1
Squaw Valley 1 23 1
Kirkwood 1 10.8 2
Alpine Meadows 1 14.8 3
Snowbird 8 181.3 20
Alta 7 118.2 35
Mt. Bachelor 3 49.4 16
Fernie 2 41.1 0
Red Mt. 1 24.6 8
Snow Basin 2 36.7 18
Castle Mt. 2 29.9 1
Kicking Horse 1 16.6 1
Alyeska 1 18.2 1
Mustang Powder Snowcat 3 54.7 50
Points North Heliski 2 21.5 7
*Eagle Point 1 11.7 0
*Powderhorn 1 16.7 0
*Sunlight 1 17.1 0
*Buttermilk 1 11.3 0
*Zermatt, Switz. 3.5 72.7 17
*Klein Matterhorn, Switz. 2 28.5 11
*Cervinia, Italy 0.5 4.3 2
*Lookout Pass 1 19.4 12
*Diamond Peak 1 6.9 0
Totals 58 1048.9 225
*= New Area, lifetime area count is now 191. 28 areas in one season is tied with 2006-07 for second highest, trailing only the 33 areas in 2011-12.

I skied only one day less than last season and might have exceeded last year if the weather on my last 2 trips to Alaska and Oregon had been more cooperative. This was pretty good considering how crappy California’s season was and therefore I skied only 8 days in California. That also accounts for a slightly late opening day of Dec. 18 and a closing date of May 11, earliest in a decade. Mammoth’s Memorial closing weekend turned out no worse than 2 years ago, but in April I decided to go back East with Liz at Memorial weekend and arrange the May skiing earlier in Oregon.

Sum of vertical and powder was identical to 2012-13. This year was lower vertical but much more powder. Every destination trip had at least some powder, even the one in the Sierra. Lift served powder percentage of 17.3% was well above modern era (since I’ve owned fat skis) average of 11.2% and was second best lifetime to the 19.4% in 1998-99. Total powder was only the second time over 200K, trailing the 291K in 2011-12.

Highlights in terms of quality were Mustang Snowcat and Zermatt. I'm pleased that fellow FTO'ers tseeb and flyover will be joining me at Mustang next year.

Edit from the post above...

Off the top of my head:

Tremblant : 4
Lower Laurentians (Sauvage-Gabriel-Avila-St-Sauveur(2)) : 5
New York (Titus-Gore) : 2
MRG : 4
Stowe : 3
Jay : 4
Rest of VT (Smuggs, Burke, Middlebury, Kmart) : 4
NH (Waterville, Cannon) : 2
Owl's Head : 1
Sunday River : 1
Mont Chilly : 1

Local :
Edelweiss : 40
Fortune : 3
Vorlage : 2
Cascades : 2
Ste-Marie : 3

The season list can be found here : http://madpatski.wordpress.com/ski-days/2013-14/

Added 3 new ski areas : Sauvage, Gore and Middlebury.

So far :
Quebec : 61
Ontario : 0
US : 20

Local + Mt Chilly : 51
Laurentians : 9
VT + Owl's Head : 16
NY + NH + ME : 5

Oct : 1
Nov : 1
Dec : 17#
Jan : 14#