Utah Politics 2016: the McMullin Scenario

Tony Crocker

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a :stir: for admin: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/her ... e-in-utah/

Evan McMullin is now given a 20% chance to win Utah because most Mormons can't stomach Trump. There's also a 1 in 3,000 chance McMullin becomes president due to a deadlocked Electoral College throwing the election into the House of Representatives. The latter situation is remote because Mormon distaste for Trump is hurting him in neighboring states, and if Trump loses Arizona, that means the overall election is an Electoral College blowout.

At any rate, I'd be interested how this is playing in the local Utah media, and what admin and others right-of-center in Utah think. IIRC admin lost a bet to jamesdeluxe on the 2012 election, but I'm guessing he wouldn't quarrel too much with the Donald's projected 15% chance of winning in 2016.

test

Tony Crocker":1oli6ygl said:
IIRC admin lost a bet to jamesdeluxe on the 2012 election, but I'm guessing he wouldn't quarrel too much with the Donald's projected 15% chance of winning in 2016.
I offered him 10-1 odds for this year's election, but he wouldn't bite.

Admin":2qh2hu9x said:
This is a ski forum, right?
Some forums have a specific area for off-topic discussion. MountainProject.com has the "community" forum. Supertopo.com often wrestles with splitting its single forum into two - one for climbing, the other for everything else.
My opinion - perhaps something to think about. However, the 2-forum proposal often suggested on supertopo is too sparse, while MP is waaaaaaay too fragmented: http://www.mountainproject.com/forums/

Any attempt to edit my post above for typos gets this message:

403 Forbidden
A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site.

Tony Crocker":3h4s4ixz said:
Any attempt to edit my post above for typos gets this message:

403 Forbidden
A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site.

Yes, I'm already aware of the issue. The same problem appears when trying to attach photos to a post. I'm working on it.

Should be fixed now, I can now upload images without throwing a 403 error. Tony, feel free to re-try your edits and report back.

Perhaps clear your cache, etc. -- you can see that I successfully edited your last post.

I edited the same last post successfully. The original post still will not edit, even after clearing cache and cookies, and trying a second browser. You are welcome to try editing the original post.

Not a big deal, as long as future posts, picture uploads, etc. will work.

Tony Crocker":1dieaz0t said:
I edited the same last post successfully. The original post still will not edit, even after clearing cache and cookies, and trying a second browser. You are welcome to try editing the original post.

Not a big deal, as long as future posts, picture uploads, etc. will work.

Fixed. Not sure why my anti-hacker mechanism flagged one post and not another, but I've whitelisted the action and you can see that I've successfully edited the first post.

Back