How to post pictures from phone

All,

I need to post a couple of trip reports but I have been procrastinating as the current process I'm following to upload pictures is cumbersome. I use a Google Pixel Android phone.

What is the recommended way to upload pictures here?

Click on Upload attachment (next to Options and below Save draft) and click on the + sign to upload multiple pictures.
Select the picture(s) you want to upload from your phone, then click on Add the file.
Expect some delay, especially if uploading multiple photos.
If you don't put cursor where you want photo and Place Inline for each photo, all your photos will be at the bottom of your post.
You can preview before posting to see how it's going to look. Note that I do it using iPhone so not sure exactly how other phones work.

The issue I may be having is the file size is too large (2-4 MB). Maybe I need to download first to my computer, resize them and then upload. Last time, I sent them using whatsapp to my spare phone number and used the compression from whatsapp. Still took some time to get it all in one place.

I think it's masochistic to upload from phone to FTO. I strongly recommend using a computer for text as well as pictures. My camera takes pictures at 4000x3000 pixels. If I resize 50% to 2000x1500 I can upload 5-6 pictures at a time. Detail reports I nearly always do offline, then copy to FTO. It is not fun having to start over if something goes wrong, which is probably even more likely on a phone vs. a computer.

sierra_cement":2ts2933c said:
The issue I may be having is the file size is too large (2-4 MB). Maybe I need to download first to my computer, resize them and then upload. Last time, I sent them using whatsapp to my spare phone number and used the compression from whatsapp. Still took some time to get it all in one place.
If WhatsApp particles share image files of (2-4 MB), I don't think there should be any problem because WhatsApp can share files up to about (6 MB), whether they images or videos on WhatsApp. If you are having trouble sending image files via WhatsApp, clear your WhatsApp cache to see if it will solve your problem. If your problem is still not solved then use this WhatsApp Plus Apk mod of WhatsApp. this mod app Allows the 60MB file to be shared :idea:

Back