Killington 26OCT99

Lars Bruns

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 10/27/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Jay did a great job describing the trail mix and set up from yesterday (Mon.), so I won't repeat. Today found bluebird skies and a strong and warm southwesterly wind. WHAT A DAY! No snow was made last night (mon pm), and D.Dipper and E. Glade were left ungroomed (thank you!). The evil machine got the best of Rime, but it didn't last long as the temps soared to near 55-60 by mid day. <BR> <BR>Quite a peaceful experience until ~11:00 when some more folks showed up. Never a wait, never a hectic moment on the slopes, but there were certainly a large number of people skiing the 3 trails. D. Dipper had some nice bumps for early season. <BR> <BR>I left around 1, so I'm not sure how much cover was lost with the warm temps. Rime should last a good couple days, especially if they can muster a few hours of snowmaking at night. All in all a really great day, especially with 3 options to choose from. <BR> <BR>LB

Back