Edelweiss QC, February 6th, 10

Patrick

# 53 :mrgreen:

It's been a while since I posted a TR. And a while since I've skied too, the last outing was last Sunday, I've been sick since Tuesday, missed 2 days work + one Masters race. So it was time to head out for Morgane's NG race program. Daughter #2 backed out this morning, so instead of the 4 of us skiing, it was only going to be Morgane and myself. :roll:

Came in the parking lot at almost 9am, temps was -16c. Much warmer than last Saturday. Weapon of choice, new and long Rossi B2s that I bought cheap on the internet. I had been using my Slalom race skis for every local outing this season, too much work on the turning + my knees and back were getting tired cranking those suckers. :-o

Half of Zoomer was closed for a K1 race, but since my last report, Strief (steep black groomer - okay it's only one pitch) was open. Skiing was much colder, it might have been the leftover of that cold, but the air would freeze your face. Wind wasn't that strong, might have been the humidity. Conditions were hard packed, but easily edgeable by Eastern standard or for people that can edge. :stir:

One run down Strief, one on a combo Chute, Principale, Easy Street (or whatever), Zoomer once, I didn't see where my daughter team was training (they usually train on Zoomer). Started a good conversation with someone I know that was working the race. One run later and my feet were frozen. I guess standing around for 15-20 minutes on a side hill can do that sometimes. Went in for lunch and warm up prior to Morgane. After lunch, I was still feeling the effect on my week...took a longer break then did a series of laps on Easter Bowl-Streif. The steep pitch was pretty hard and getting slick. Temps were around -9c this afternoon when the people started showing up. It was beautiful sunny day. After Morgane program was over, she wanted to call it a day and go tubing. Edelweiss has tubes which is included with the season pass. One old triple lets you access a few tube runs. We did only three, I was tired and hacking. Time to call it a day. :shock:

Local hills are great, but I always liked diversity and big vertical. I'm definitely not a season pass type skier. Like Mick used to sing, You can't always get what you want... [-(

PS. I'll try to post a quick rundown for the previous two week, interesting observations and events.

Back