Bell to bell daze

lono

Got the 5th cabin this morning at Revelstoke at 0830 and skied non stop till 0330 closing. All lifts ski on, ate on lifts,peed in trees.Couple of inches overnight and a couple more before noon over the snow that fell yesterday made for boot deep conditions all over. Stayed in the more open trees mostly until 0230,then mined the soft snow edges of the main runs. Probably the most vertical I've ever skied in a day. Woof.

Interested in your impressions of Revy, esp in comparison to other mtns in the vicinity. Thanks.

Long moderate to steep terrain, 80% trees, from wide open to tight, lots of variations, rollovers,gullys,knockdowns, stumps, etc. Similar to Red and subalpine Whistler/Blackcomb.More teeth than and vertical than Whitewater with nearly equal snow re.altitude. Plenty of hiking and touring available. It's a rowdy place.

Sorry for the lack of pictures Jo Jo O. If I had taken any, it wouldn't matter because I would have no idea how to post them. Your right though, my old man always said I'd just be a worthless ski bum.

So what was that vertical? Yes it could be YUUGE there if the long runs down to Lodge at gondola midstation have good snow. That was true for my first visit in 2009 but generally not since then.

Revy is not that efficient when you spend most of the day back and forth between Stoke and Ripper.

Lapped the Ripper all morning , the Stoke side in the afternoon, 5 runs / hour on the Ripper and 4 runs/ hour on the Stoke .No clue of actual vertical.

Ripper is about 1,600, Stoke about 2,000. The gondola above midstation is 2,900 and top of Stoke to midstation is 4,700.

Back