Is EasternSierraForum.com archived?

ShiftyRider

Is EasternSierraForum.com archived?

Attachments

• IMG_1603m.png
    IMG_1603m.png
    459.4 KB · Views: 8,334
I assume that photo is origonal source material on your home computer and not from an archive of easternsierraforum.com.

FYI I was never able to figure out how to post pictures to that forum.

If you have access to an archive, I'd like to see that. If there had been some warning, I would have used HTTrack to save a few threads.

No archive or workaround AFAIK. OTOH I have a photographic memory -- we can always get a thread or two going, or Q&A threads if something's worth recalling. If we can get some other alums to show up, I'll write a couple stories that had nothing to do with me but were actually magical in leveraging the wonder of the internet.

Thankfully all of my TR's are here and I have a chronological spreadsheet with URL's so I can find nearly anything with minimal effort.

I also download everything I post here via HTTrack at the end of each season. There were some threads on easternsierraforum I wish I had saved, but those are the breaks. Fortunately some of Mammoth's management/debt issues during the 2012-2015 drought were discussed here too.

Tony are you familiar with the Wayback Machine. I looked and they a have a fair amount of the site archived. If you know the year and month of the thread you can probably find it.

I browsed a little bit and not that much is available, none of that big June closing thread from 2012 for example. And in threads that are available often not all pages are available.

Back