Brundage Mtn AND Tamarack, ID announce expansion plans

snowave

Just last week, Brundage announced plans to expand terrain, and add overnight lodging as well. If done right, I think it will be a good idea. Brundage is seeing increased visitation from the explosion of population in ID over the last several years.

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2021/01/ ... ownership/

Also, a pretty big master plan put out today by Tamarack. I have really learned to appreciate this mountain, (and looking forward to some improvements), but I'm a little concerned with such a mega-development idea.

That said, I realize many master plans are never fully realized, and often take a long time to implement them. Not to mention, the plan has not even been submitted yet to the USFS/NEPA done, so getting approved is the first step before anything else happens.

https://tamarackidaho.com/tamarack-land ... Sw7ZAhFJ6o

The Brundage news seems far more aspirational than anything concrete or even likely to happen. In the tech world that would be called vaporware unfortunately.

Glad to see Tamarack finally shed it long history of difficulties and seem poised to offer more. I need to make it up through Idaho at some point for a few of these resorts.

funny, I feel the opposite. Brundage has been getting alot more visitors the last few years ($), and although I haven't seen the specifics of their expansion, it 'seems' much more subdued compared to Tamarack, who's master plan comes off as inspiring to to be a mega-resort. I would be shocked in the USFS approves most of Tamarack's expansion plan. Of course Imperium Blue's owners/investors appear to have some deep pockets, and they are selling out their condos/homes quickly.. so who knows. (Imperium Blue's previous and current holdings include commercial real estate and operations at Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada; Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort in California; Snowshoe Mountain Resort in West Virginia; Copper Mountain in Colorado; and Stratton Mountain Resort in Vermont).

Either way, I'm not expecting much from either resort in the next 5 yrs. Call me a pessimist (which I am)...HOWEVER, I would be somewhat excited some expanded terrain at both areas.. All the other stuff, not as much. If Brundage were to do lodging, I hope they do something like Grand Targhee.. modest lodging and "village" area that doesn't overwhelm the ski area. (of course, that may change, too with Targhee having plans of their own to expand now, too).

Back