Heavenly 3/3/2021

tseeb

I met up with Roger from Florida, who usually only get one ski-week a year and was looking on SkiTalk for people to ski with at Tahoe this week, well before Heavenly’s 9 AM opening. We sorted out $106 Buddy ticket I’d bought for him the night before (apparently using my wife’s pass) that saved him from Heavenly’s $179 tariff when bought night before. Our longest line of the day was waiting for Gunbarrel to open, but it worked out as friend (in Chargers helmet - picture taken at 9:01) I used to work with and wife wife joined us and avoided the (shorter) part of line behind us.View attachment 2We all skied a couple of upper CA groomers and did not see usual quick growth in Sky chair liftline. Roger and I dropped into Ridge Bowl where steep right side is getting thin, but nearly unskied groomed snow was good. My friends live at So. Tahoe and have new puppy and not the best knees so usually quit well before 11. They made it to NV and we all skied Perimeter. It may have been all of ours first ride on new, but still slow, Galaxy lift.

The runs of the day were Milky Way Bowl, which Roger and I skied three times, twice using higher entry from CA into steep, smooth line, and North Bowl, which was good enough that Roger and I repeated it even though we both had eaten our sandwiches on the first long slow chair ride. We met @markjs (who lives in Carson City and also has Mt Rose pass) from SkiTalk on Dipper chair when he noticed the pugski sticker on my skis (placed there on Peak-to-Peak lift during Whistler gathering by @Near Nyquist). He joined us for Milky Way Bowl and was a little surprised how good it skied. Then while Roger repeated 'easy' route into Mott we'd done earlier, @markjs and I skied Bill's which I like better than trees farther left we'd skied earlier. Lines on Dipper and Sky chairs were the shortest I've had all season. Pictures taken on California Trail by @markjs. Roger and I quit about 3:45 with 32.5K.

Attachments

• 1381GunbarrelLine@901.JPG
    1381GunbarrelLine@901.JPG
    525.7 KB · Views: 12,470
  • 1384CATrailMaskedA.JPG
    1384CATrailMaskedA.JPG
    481.5 KB · Views: 12,471
  • 1386CATrailUnGoggled.JPG
    1386CATrailUnGoggled.JPG
    560 KB · Views: 12,467
Back