Timber Ridge 3.5.10

mikesathome

sunny warm spring skiing. This was my first time skiing Timber Ridge, this little bump in the middle of farm land had the shortest lift I have even been on, but was still fun in the sun!
GPS: http://www.sportstracklive.com/track/detail/mikesathome/Skiing/timber-ridge/day-17/9433
5699.jpg

999.jpg

mikesathome":2goz1bwl said:
this little bump in the middle of farm land had the shortest lift I have even been on

Talk about 'keepin it real'. Yikes. Glad you had fun. But when is your next trip to the hills over 300 feet?

jasoncapecod":zgwx13k4 said:
my question is, how do you get up to 46mph on 200 vert hill...
Push off the chair and hold your speed, turn right and skate down the steepest mougal free area of the hill LOL

Admin":zgwx13k4 said:
From that track it appears that vertical is just under 200 feet?
Yep, 200vert sad I know LOL. This was my 37th place ever skied, trying to keep that number at or more than my age.
Have a little 6month old so the ski trips are local this year. Things will be much better next year, and when we strap her to some skis in a few more years

EMSC":zgwx13k4 said:
mikesathome":zgwx13k4 said:
this little bump in the middle of farm land had the shortest lift I have even been on

Talk about 'keepin it real'. Yikes. Glad you had fun. But when is your next trip to the hills over 300 feet?
50's and rain coming, not looking good. Might have to tune the mt bike soon :-({|=

I would think terrain parks would be big in the Midwest. A good way to put some excitement into those meager verticals. Hve they helped attendance?

Tony Crocker":23rqd8on said:
I would think terrain parks would be big in the Midwest. A good way to put some excitement into those meager verticals. Hve they helped attendance?
Yes they are very popular around michigan. I think if it was not for snowboarding and parks michigan wouls have lost a few "ski" areas by now. There are days I see more snowboards than skis on the hill. Parks have taken over top to bottom parts of the hills. It does help to challange your self as you get board of making turns, but there is a down side (see bittersweet post)

Back