Treetops 2/5

dank

I took was able to squeeze in 2 of Michigan's winter past times this weekend. On Friday we spent the day on Snowmobiles riding from Lewiston to Gaylord and back. It was great weather, in the 20's and plenty of soft snow. I heard the snow got tracked up pretty good by saturday night and was very bumpy. Sorry, no pictures from that trip.

On Saturday, I took my 4 year old daughter over to Treetops in Gaylord (used to be Sylvan Resort years ago). It was a warm day, about 30 and partly sunny all day. This was my first time there and they claim to have 225 vertical drop and 23 trails, but I spent the entire day on the rope tow. This was my daughters 4th day skiing and first this year, and she wanted nothing to do with the chairlift. We only had to wait in line a few times at the rope while there were a few private lessons going on. Other than that, for a Saturday in Feb, it didn't seem very crowded. For comparison, it seems similar in size to Alpine or Holly, but is set in a natural setting, so it might feel bigger while skiing, with trees seperating the runs and such. If you've skied SW lower Michigan you know what I mean.

Attachments

• Treetops2.jpg
    Treetops2.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 9,260
  • Treetops.jpg
    Treetops.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 9,241
  • MiaSki2.jpg
    MiaSki2.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 9,258
Back