EU Tourism May Open With Proof of Vaccination

Friends of ours in Philadelphia already bought flights for their entire family to go to Greece early this summer.

I'm standing by for the winter FF-award sale -- I'll be happy with 40,000 miles roundtrip.

Assume there will be some normalcy by end of Summer / Labour Day. I understand Greece is still a mess with lockdowns 9pm-5am, closed antiquities sites, no restaurants open, and permission required to be out during the day. Forget early summer restoring fun...but Greece is an economic basket case so they will likely be forced into being open. However, an island in the Caribbean or Mexico has more going on right now. I am about to go sailing in the British Virgin Islands for a week - we are required to quarantine for 4 days on the sailboat (mooring balls for overnight) and then we go ashore the next 4 days (Jost Van Dyke, Norman Island, etc).

There is no need to wait for a FF sale on American - almost any European destination is 45k miles roundtrip in winter - much better than the 60-70k miles for United or Delta.

I was looking to ski Austria in late January/early February (1/29-2/6) via Munich. Base in Kitzbuhel for - Kitzbuhel, SkiWelt, Saalbach, Zell Am See/Kaprun, .... then base in Solden for - Solden, Obergurgl, Garmisch-Partenkirchen. If snow is bad/rain, shift skiing west to Voralberg, Ischgl, Solden, Obergurgl, Davos. Making sure Kitzbuhel is cancelable 1-2 weeks out. Heck, I would detour back to Andermatt and Engelberg if that is where the snow is....

Back