Where in Euroland

EMSC

So if I'm flying into Geneva and eventually heading to La Grave, where are some good places to hit on the way... Obviously there are a ton of resorts in that region and school breaks might be an issue... but any suggestions from the peanut gallery on some choices I might like. I'm still in final planning stages so I may have anywhere from 3-6 days on-snow to fill before the La Grave guided stuff would start. In a way I suppose it might be interesting to hit something in Switzerland itself just to tick off an additional country? Or etc...

EMSC":deybrkgd said:
something in Switzerland
Verbier is the closest to Geneva. I had only 4 hours skiing there, but it's certainly representative of huge scale interconnected Euro skiing. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5551 Lots of advanced terrain, town has a good reputation though I was on a daytrip from Chamonix.

I would lean toward one of the big interconnected places as a contrast to La Grave and also best prepared to handle February peak traffic. Val d'Isere and Trois Vallees are other obvious choices. Patrick or someone else can comment on those.

Tony Crocker":2nstjawt said:
I would lean toward one of the big interconnected places as a contrast to La Grave and also best prepared to handle February peak traffic. Val d'Isere and Trois Vallees are other obvious choices. Patrick or someone else can comment on those.

I can comment on les Trois Vallées. Overall the skiing is decidedly intermediate. There are some steeper lines beneath the tram in Val Thorens, Meribel is heavy on Brits and Courchevel (esp. 1850) is the Dear Valet of Euroland.

Back