olympic mogul predictions

joegm

should have went on record with the ladies but i forgot ....
i'm going with
dale begg smith for the gold
toby dawson for the silver
and alex bilodeau for the bronze.
i know , i know no bloom...
if you look at the girls , the ones who were on fire the last few weeks on WC skied the best....that's my prediction.. i'm stickin to it 8)

ya. the ladies killed it. Kari Traa from Norway got ripped though. she should've gotten the gold. although, Jennifer Heil from Canada charged it balls out. that's better to watch too.

aparantly, they can get inverted in the olympics in bump competition now. i wonder how Moseley feels about that.

hamdog":27tjw2mw said:
ya. the ladies killed it. Kari Traa from Norway got ripped though. she should've gotten the gold. although, Jennifer Heil from Canada charged it balls out. that's better to watch too.

aparantly, they can get inverted in the olympics in bump competition now. i wonder how Moseley feels about that.

I agree... Kari Traa skied almost flawless, with the exception of the slight skid she did right after her bottom landing. Jen Heil had a few slight form breaks and she pulled a heli vs d-spin on the top air. I think she was robbed, but on the other hand she could have gone faster and bigger and there would have been no doubt. The judges are really loving Heil's and Begg-Smith's turns right now and they are defiantely sticking to the 50% part of the scoring.

Mosley definately set the stage for off axis and inverts. A lot of people give him flack, but he did make his mark on the sport. I am sure that he is happy to see inverts now... makes it all worth it.

cj

joegm":1qlk56eu said:
should have went on record with the ladies but i forgot ....
i'm going with
dale begg smith for the gold
toby dawson for the silver
and alex bilodeau for the bronze.
i know , i know no bloom...
if you look at the girls , the ones who were on fire the last few weeks on WC skied the best....that's my prediction.. i'm stickin to it 8)

To off set your predictions:

Bloom - Gold
Lahtela - Silver
Mustonen - Bronze

I certainly would not put money on my pics though... too many guys can win and I think the men's comp will be stepped up a notch compared to the women.

Let's hope they give us a show.

cj

Well Joegm,

2 out of 3 ain't bad. I was way off. The mens comp was much more of a show and they really stepped it up. Toby's run was one of the best I have seen him ski... same for Mikko. Now as far as DBS, he really stepped up and skied better than he has in the WC's he has won... his turns were just plain sweet.

cj

Joe,

Didn't see this thread until now but I just acknowledged your prophetic pick in your "remember this name for Turin" thread. Good call on Begg-Smith!

I figured Bloom wouldn't podium, but I thought Lahtela or Mayer would do something. Kearney was no surprise; she's young and not yet too consistent.

Bottom line is that calling winners in one event is so much more of a crap shoot than the media wants to let on with their media darlings (Bloom, Bode, etc). And it's bad for skiing, makes the athletes look like failures, when DNFs and bad finishes are, in fact, a part of even winning seasons.

-HD Haller

HDHaller":31b6hqxh said:
Bottom line is that calling winners in one event is so much more of a crap shoot than the media wants to let on with their media darlings (Bloom, Bode, etc). And it's bad for skiing, makes the athletes look like failures, when DNFs and bad finishes are, in fact, a part of even winning seasons.

-HD Haller

This is so true...to paraphrase something you said in another thread and direct it to the media:

Shut up and let them ski!

Back