Skiing/Boarding on ice...

I hit a scratchy day in Sunshine Village and a scratchy morning at Lake Louise last year on vacation and I felt like a superstar. There were only a couple of racers on the hills that seemed confident on the hardpack. Everyone else was basically slide-slipping top to bottom. The tactics I've learned out here at places like Iceface and Jiminy Peak really made me into a better skier than I thought I was.

This experience has pretty much given me the opinion that any snow is good snow and the experience you gain from our "variable" conditions out here on the Ice Coast truly does bring out the hard-core in us all.

ski_adk":1tebk9y0 said:
This experience has pretty much given me the opinion that any snow is good snow and the experience you gain from our "variable" conditions out here on the Ice Coast truly does bring out the hard-core in us all.

Words to live by 8) !

Being in PA I usually have really icy runs...had to learn that way. When I went out West, I was actually upset about the powder, because I was still learning and when I fell...I sunk! I actually missed the ice. I'd say a combo is best for learning.

I go for it. There will always be those times when your gonna run into ice but you gotta learn to deal with it. When had my first ice runs I hated it most because I feared what damage it was doing to my board but eventually I learned to adjust. In the beginning it does suck though because that fall will be a bummer but not to copy what others have said it'll only make you stronger and better.

Back