Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:43 pm
billski wrote:It would be interesting to get a statistics-wonk to crunch some numbers here.
1. What is the accident rate by day of week? Time of Day? Holiday/not?
2. Accident rate by type of trail.
3. Accident rate by nr. of tickets sold.
4. Accident rate by weather and snow surface conditions.
5. Accident rate (hitter/hittee) by sex.
6. Accident rate by days of skier experience.
I suspect these numbers are already known by resorts, but would be entirely reticent about releasing them. Understandable, but unfortunate. If we knew these things, we might chose our ski and lesson times differently. [I'm the fellow whose wife was in a private lesson and hit from an uphill unguided missle/skier, sending her to the hospital for a concussion.]
Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:07 pm
Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:14 am
Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:45 pm
Tony Crocker wrote:
Today Adam and I were standing on the groomed run in Burnt Stew Basin when I got flattened by an out-of-control skier. I hit the snow with my whole body so the only noticeable ache is a slightly bruised rib. In the collision a ski flew into the air and cut Adam's arm.
Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:07 pm
Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:42 am
Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:15 am
Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:35 pm
Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:41 pm
Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:47 am