More Midwest TR's

dank

My opinion is that we seem to be having an above average winter here in the midwest, at least Michigan. I don't have any data, but it just seems like we got early snow and didn't get too many warm ups that killed the bases, plus it seems like there is above average snow in most places. How come there aren't more TR's here? Aren't people getting out more with a better winter? There are a lot of views on the few that are here, so there have to be some lurkers that aren't posting. It would be nice to have half the info that gets posted for the East and West. Hopefully it will pick up a little more next year as this year was better than last.

Got skiing on the mind today, heading west in a few hours so i'm not getting anything done at work today.

dank":194oo5wg said:
My opinion is that we seem to be having an above average winter here in the Midwest, at least Michigan. I don't have any data, but it just seems like we got early snow and didn't get too many warm ups that killed the bases, plus it seems like there is above average snow in most places. How come there aren't more TR's here? Aren't people getting out more with a better winter? There are a lot of views on the few that are here, so there have to be some lurkers that aren't posting. It would be nice to have half the info that gets posted for the East and West. Hopefully it will pick up a little more next year as this year was better than last.

Got skiing on the mind today, heading west in a few hours so i'm not getting anything done at work today.

Whats up Dank? you are right on man!
From the local NWS in whitelake/detroit
"Snowfall Totals for the 2007-2008 Season Continue to Climb Towards All-Time Records Across Portions of Southeast Lower Michigan

Snowfall totals continue to pile up across Southeast Lower Michigan. Locations along and north of M-59 have already received 70 to 80 inches of snow (30 to 40 inches above the averages through March 2nd) in what continues to be a very active 2007-2008 Snow Season. Although locations south of M-59 are not 3 feet above normal, snowfall totals are still well above normal, about one to two feet over the averages through March 2nd."
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/crnews/display_ ... 5&source=0

As I type this Email it's calling for 4"-6" of new snow tonight, looks like Alpine and Pine Knob will benefit best from this current storm.

The Good Part: 3 of the 4 southeast lower Michigan ski areas are with in 20 miles north or south of M59, so they have seen a lot of snow this year :)

The sad part: I recall most of the snow going away from warm temps and rain in some cases as quick as 1 week after the storm!

I would love to read some SouthWESTERN lower Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, TR's. Not sure where those people are :evil:

All this new snow and my gear is in a box, on a UPS truck, someplace between Detroit and Breckenridge.
LOL

Agreed - A great Michigan winter! Got many days in at Boyne Mountain, Boye Highlands and Nub's Nob. Snow has been super since the first weekend in December. Probably just what the industry needed!!

Back