Alta Closing Date

Marc_C

In previous years, Alta would typically end daily operations on the 3rd Sunday and then reopen for the following Friday-Sunday. In years where April had 5 weeks there were sometimes two "add on closing weekends".

Not this season.

Hard close, last day for the season is April 16, Easter Sunday. There will be no reopening weekends.

On Monday, April 17, the dismantling and replacement of the Supreme lift begins.

Tony Crocker":2ienesw1 said:
Rather similar situation to last year at Snowbird when the tram cables were being replaced.
I can see major safety concerns about the tram cable replacement, but I have doubts about that being the reason at Alta. A big possibility is that they want to start plowing out the work road up Albion Basin asap and perhaps they've decided they need the parking lots at Albion and/or GMD to stage lift components.

Maybe they're just tired of dealing with multiple closing day parties.

I drew the analogy because presumably Alta doesn't want people skiing Backside etc. into the Albion side from the top of Collins just as Snowbird didn't want people skiing the Peruvian side from the top of Mineral Basin.

As for the parties, I thought the extra weekends were supposed to spread them out a bit. This year it will be more concentrated.

Back