SLC Mountain Collective Skiing 1/17-1/25/2019

Strava link you provided requires a login. I already have too many accounts and password and don't know I need to add one for Strava.

I'm with tseeb on this one. I'm not going to create a Strava account just to see some photos.

Noted. Sorry for the hoops. I didn't realize a login was required with my Strava link (I'm surprised more of you don't use Strava; it's a great app for biking, hiking, swimming,etc.).

I don't ski often enough to remember all the hoops required to post pics with captions in order on this forum. Been spending a lot on time on the road driving between Kaysville area and Alta/Snowbird, so haven't had time to do those hoops.

Summary: great conditions on many days, though powder gets skied off really fast these days. Almost not worth the effort to score the great conditions...

baldyskier":2im1u1ze said:
Noted. Sorry for the hoops. I didn't realize a login was required with my Strava link
No worries. We probably surmised as much.

baldyskier":2im1u1ze said:
... (I'm surprised more of you don't use Strava; it's a great app for biking, hiking, swimming,etc.).
Obviously can't speak for others, but I don't use it because I don't track any of my outdoor activities other than an occasional GPS trace (and those are already handled adequately by the software that came with my devices). I do use Ski Tracks, mostly because it's so easy, but I almost never look at the results other than on day-of nor do I look at end of season totals. I used to track days, but that ended about a decade ago. I never tracked vertical or miles of skiing.

The picture loading here on FTO is much easier than it used to be, when there were size limits on individual pictures. There is still a size limit per upload, so I resize pictures down to no more than 2000 pixel width. I can generally load 5-6 pictures at a time in that size range.

I love strava, except it shows how lousy I m at biking and running compared to everyone else;)
Snowbasin is good for powder preservation

Back