Ski bums holiday

lono

My longtime friend and ski buddy, tele Dave and I leave Friday for a MC pass trip south. Here's the plan.
2/9 Sun Valley
2/10 Pomerelle
2/11 Pebble Creek
2/12 Snowbasin
2/13 through 2/18 we have a spot in Cottenwood Heights and ski Alta and Snowbird, hopefully meeting up with Admin and the APP.
2/19 on to Jackson for up to 3 days, finishing with Big Sky for 2 more and if we still have the legs a day at Bridger and Discovery.
Would love to ski with any FirstTrackers along the way.

While I'm no where near your itinerary, I look forward to TR's and pics - especially from the small places like Pomerelle, Pebble and/or Discovery.

5 new on the Sun Valley report was deeper at opening and snowed hard all day.Super light 10 degree snow made for body massage runs. Plenty of coverage on Baldy made off piste really great.Will be skiing Snowbasin Mon-Tue.I'll be on the lookout for the APP.

Good trip! If you are in park city or canyons side later this week lmk and Ill show you around. Cottonwoods are best currently on week days (as is all resorts it seems now)

Thanks Tram for the offer, but we're on the MC pass, so PC is out of the price range.We know about the crowds,if we wanted empty skiing we would have stayed in Montana.Today at Pommerel was super fun low angle powder, drive to Ogden was dicey.

8 inches Monday at Snowbasin was fluffy fun, with an early arrival we got second gondola and lots of untracked snow, what a great ski hill.Today's wind created some fine wind sift.We just arrived in Cottenwood Heights for 6 nights.
Will be skiing Alta /Snowbird.
APB for the APP.

Wednesday AM Snowbird was on windhold so went Alta and skied Collins and Wildcat all day with increasing snowfall.PM was getting good.Thursday at Snowbird had 6 inches of thick cold cream , very tasty. With another 6 overnight we thought it would be good.Today 2/15 was the greatest sleeperday ever.Overnight upslope winds smoothed the entire hill.The new snow and strong winds were the best natural grooming I have seen and skied. D. T. and I have skied over 1000 days together, and today every run was smooth and surfy , two buckle exellence. We agreed that today ranked in the top twenty.

Sometimes wind is a great thing for snow surfaces. This is common at Mammoth and Castle Mt. But one of my lifetime greatest windsift highlights was Highboy at Alta Jan. 13-14, 2014. It's amazing how effortless that run was in those conditions.

Saturday 2/16 Alta reported 11 in. new .Wow, It sure seemed deeper.We had a great two hour powder race , then ran into the APP and bobbed around the hill in the pm. Thanks everyone.Today was day 9 and all I really wanted was one good shot at Devils Castle. We waited almost an hour for the opening,fifth in line was worth the wait.First two turns were slabby, then knee deep bliss for fifty more . Tomorrow were off to ski Pebble Creek on our way to Jackson.Been driving PC for decades with no snow, I 'm pretty excited.

Back