How to post pictures from phone

Here you'll find helpful tips regarding the operation of the Discussion Boards at First Tracks!! Online, as well as general announcements for our users.

How to post pictures from phone

Postby sierra_cement » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:12 pm

All,

I need to post a couple of trip reports but I have been procrastinating as the current process I'm following to upload pictures is cumbersome. I use a Google Pixel Android phone.

What is the recommended way to upload pictures here?
sierra_cement

Re: How to post pictures from phone

Postby tseeb » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:41 pm

Click on Upload attachment (next to Options and below Save draft) and click on the + sign to upload multiple pictures.
Select the picture(s) you want to upload from your phone, then click on Add the file.
Expect some delay, especially if uploading multiple photos.
If you don't put cursor where you want photo and Place Inline for each photo, all your photos will be at the bottom of your post.
You can preview before posting to see how it's going to look. Note that I do it using iPhone so not sure exactly how other phones work.
tseeb

Postby sierra_cement » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:47 pm

The issue I may be having is the file size is too large (2-4 MB). Maybe I need to download first to my computer, resize them and then upload. Last time, I sent them using whatsapp to my spare phone number and used the compression from whatsapp. Still took some time to get it all in one place.
sierra_cement

Postby Tony Crocker » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:19 pm

I think it's masochistic to upload from phone to FTO. I strongly recommend using a computer for text as well as pictures. My camera takes pictures at 4000x3000 pixels. If I resize 50% to 2000x1500 I can upload 5-6 pictures at a time. Detail reports I nearly always do offline, then copy to FTO. It is not fun having to start over if something goes wrong, which is probably even more likely on a phone vs. a computer.
http://bestsnow.net
Ski Records
Season length: 21 months, Nov. 29, 2010 - July 2, 2012
Days in one year: 80 from Nov. 29, 2010 - Nov. 17, 2011
Season vertical: 1,610K in 2016-17
Season powder: 291K in 2011-12
Tony Crocker

Return to F.Y.I.