6.1.13 snowbird & alta

Bobby Danger

thanks to the good folks at snowbird for the ride up the tram !! amyz and i skied later into the season even though lifts are closed for the season . 17.00 $ gets a person a single ride up - one time per day , rebuying a new ticket will not get a person back up the hill on the tram . purchasing a summer time pass will not allow you to bring skis on the tram period, snowbird was firm about that , they are not trying to promote skiing to the general masses anymore this time of the year . but let me tell ya a single ride up and a good pair of skins there isn't much a person wouldn't enjoy !!
IMG_0165.JPG
no issues yet to get to the base on m.b.x. should snowbird still be open .
IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0174.JPG
View attachment 5
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
kept on going north across backside to suzies trees proceeded through the trees to greely bowl , had a short ascent there to regain the ridge to gain an entrance into high rustler .
IMG_0187.JPG
entering into high rustler this time of the year could involve some short climbing to get out to the snow through the trees . but ounce your out there there's no place like home !!!
IMG_0191.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 3,652
  • IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 3,670
what snowbird says one day might just be the rumor machine gone wild . today you can purchase a summer time pass (80.00$) and it gives you one trip on that ticket for the day , each additional run is the 17.00$ fee. with the purchase of a summer pass if you purchase a winter season pass the price of the summer pass is subtracted from the winter pass (purchase before a required date for the winter pass will apply).
IMG_0194.JPG
snowbird has gone and plowed the summer road for foot travel .
IMG_0195.JPG
upper mtn. still plenty of room to roam .
IMG_0201.JPG
amyz and i skied a peruvian gulch our first run back to the tram base , no issues what so ever , until you get to the very bottom i mean the very bottom . i had to walk the last 20 vertical feet , forgot my gloves in the car. skiing in peruvian gulch was better this weekend than last .
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG

sounds like $$ well spent! thanks for the tram update. was looking at high rustler fri. and it did look quite smooth. well played all around.

was a wonderful weekend thank you --- not sure about skiing to the base of snowbird this weekend it's been a warm week , and the cameras reflect that !!

Bobby Danger":1kaz7ukd said:
was a wonderful weekend thank you --- not sure about skiing to the base of snowbird this weekend it's been a warm week , and the cameras reflect that !!

When will be your next top destination? Hmm, So excited to see more of your pics. :-D

Back