Alta 1-9-09

Skidog

Well Alta delivered yet again.

Had the day off as a friend was supposed to come into town last night but bagged out at last minute. Oh well Tele Jon's going to ski so lets go.

Reports called for 6-8" overnight. Checked Altas web site at about 7am. 8" reported. Figured it would be nice anyway.

Met Tele Jon at GMD 9am. Got ready and headed right for wilcat chair since, as usual, the hounds were out and Collins was a mess.

As always Wildcat delivered. It was WAY more than 8"...i'd say more like 15" face shots for sure, and im 6'3". Love Alta's underreporting :D . Took a bunch more runs in Wildcat, and then headed for Collins. Hit Sunspot, then back to harvest some more in Wildcat. Headed over to Collins again and out the high T over to eagles nest...boy....more face shots and hardly any tracks (there was another run or 2 off Greely too). Then it was time for Supreme. Finally the top gate into Supreme bowl was open so it was ON! Ran a calf rope, then back again for yet another. Back up again...Tower 12 chute...MONEY! Then we decided it was time for a run out Catherines...boy oh boy...drifts up to the waist, choking on snow.

For sure best day all year...no bottom to be found anywhere except the high t, and the snow was total HERO SNOW..no speed limit bumps were NON existent, and the snow was such that you could check speed anytime you needed.

Last run back out eagles nest and it was still super soft, and still found MUCH fresh in the trees near the bottom.

18980 vertical feet, 15 runs, home by 2:30.

Boy what a day in the wasatch.

Tomorrow should be nice, but I dont think i'll make it as the wife isnt feeling well. Ill talk with her though. ;-)

M

Skidog":2up6gnxp said:
Harvey44":2up6gnxp said:
Hey Skidog...how's the family?

All is really good. Thanks for asking. 27 days in... :D

M

damn, you got me by a day, well till tomorrow. 27 days so far with a little one-quite impressive. even with very little or no snow in the forecast out there for a week or more, keep the reports coming will ya? high/dry time. maybe.
rog

icelanticskier":10bkibaz said:
high/dry time. maybe.
rog

At least for the next week.....I don't mind a little January warmup. We've got plenty of snow and who doesnt like a decent corn cycle????

Keep skiing man...

M

The weather looks totally dry in the entire West for next weekend. I'm not surprised since I'm going to Utah, and locals there have learned to break out the sunscreen when they hear me coming. :wink:

Tony Crocker":11vvqdqp said:
The weather looks totally dry in the entire West for next weekend. I'm not surprised since I'm going to Utah, and locals there have learned to break out the sunscreen when they hear me coming. :wink:

Thank you for not forcing me to point that out.

:brick:

Back