Alta 4-30-2011

Skidog

Only one word can describe how it feels to ski light pow on April 30th. Orgasmic...sooo deep soo light and soo much fun.

Shame we have to say goodbye to our girl tomorow, well at least goodbye to her with lifts until next season. :-( Most of us know that there will be at least a few more pow turns over at Alta even after she's closed up for the "summer".

Anyway..without further babbling. I will let some pictures do the talking. First day with a new (to me) dslr. Looks like I got some learning to do. :-"

UntrackedGoodness.jpg

Admin gets some...but we all know he's short :-D
MarcDeep.jpg

Our tele friend Jon
JonDeep.jpg

Bobby gets some
BobbyDeep.jpg

And some more...
BobbyDeep2.jpg

I swear he's in there somewhere...Bobby that is
hesinthere.jpg

All in all...mediocre day at best :-D

M

Great, great day. More later. But...is it my monitor or do those pics look washed out?

day73..... epic..... i was supposed to meet up with tony c at the bird today but s--t happens on days like this . i did get over to the bird but it was two quick runs and back to alta . the run going back to alta over baldy shoulder was intense to say the least , alta patrol had removed the rope line but left the signs in place probably to deter snowboarders from decending baldy shoulder into alta , that was slightly different than normal . snowbird was skied no more or less than alta that i noticed in the short time i was there. skidog snapped quite a few pics. with the new camera, they still look very nice indeed working out the bugs . ripped up alta all morning (hospital speed ) west rustler first thing smoooooooth pooooow april 30th very reminisent of this same time last year. nice pics from the sugarloaf area that was through a back country gate at the patrol building at the summit of collins chair . hoping tomorrow is sunnier than today - today was by no means a day to b.b.q in the parking lot .

naaa they are a bit washed out. I also did some cropping and whatnot so that might have something to do with it. Gotta play with it a little more. I think the full shots are better but since the telephoto isnt that large most of the shots were far away.

I might do some more post work on them or post some of the other stuff later, just wanted something up quick.

M

Skidog":1wt92da8 said:
naaa they are a bit washed out.

Regardless, thanks for documenting an amazing day. Any time you get unlimited bottomless face shots from start to finish, but especially on the last day of April, is an amazing day.

Late in the morning I got separated from Skidog, Bobby Danger and Telejon, but almost immediately found Dale, Pat, Colleen and Mark and just joined them. We caught the opening of Backside and just giggled with delight. Patrol kept making bomb runs and ski cuts on Baldy Shoulder but never opened the Ballroom traverse. The real magic, however, was discovering acres and acres of untracked underneath the Sugarloaf chair, which was now designated as backcountry. No one at all was skiing over there. We milked that until 2 p.m., still skiing untracked until our legs could handle no more.

Admin":1fwsccxh said:
The real magic, however, was discovering acres and acres of untracked underneath the Sugarloaf chair, which was now designated as backcountry. No one at all was skiing over there. We milked that until 2 p.m., still skiing untracked until our legs could handle no more.

Most of those shots are in EXACTLY that area...good thing noone else seemed to know about it. :-D

M

Back