alta in the last week or so

get_outside

made some turns last wednesday. mostly devils castle area but everywhere rode pretty well until around noon.

down.jpg

started off with some fun turns.

turns.jpg

ended w/the castle apron.

devils_castle.jpg

snow got soft fast last friday. done by 9:30 but got one in. surprised how much snow melted in two days.

all_the_way_down.jpg

took a walk yesterday afternoon without the board and surprised how firm things still were.

lift.jpg

saw a randomly placed rental ski today in greeley.

rental_ski.jpg

made some nice, soft turns down gunsight this afternoon. got down to 35 last night so everything held up pretty well. better than last friday.

gunsight.jpg

I am not worthy.

Well done!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Nice Job! What do you think will be around in 2 more weeks? I want to get a July day in. I want to drag Admin with me, he can wear his bathrobe 8-[ if he wants.

Spending winter vacation at Alta is indeed really great! Been there once and it's worth coming back! The slopes and trails are so awesome! :snowball fight:

tram, to answer your question, my guess is a whole lotta sun cups with mostly everything melted out but there will be some patches to ski if its july turns you seek. good luck!

TRam":wjb0vlma said:
Nice Job! What do you think will be around in 2 more weeks? I want to get a July day in. I want to drag Admin with me, he can wear his bathrobe 8-[ if he wants.
For us locals, July skiing is not a huge novelty. It's even been lift served twice in the past decade, so I'm guessing it will need to be a pretty hard sell for Admin to bite.

Marc_C":1pzpy2e3 said:
TRam":1pzpy2e3 said:
For us locals, July skiing is not a huge novelty. It's even been lift served twice in the past decade, so I'm guessing it will need to be a pretty hard sell for Admin to bite.

Since arriving here I've:
1. Exceeded 100 days in a season;
2. Skied 18 consecutive months without leaving Utah; and
3. As Marc_C mentioned, skied lift served in two seasons in July.

As was predicted above I'd expect horrific sun cups on any snow that may remain (I say "may" because our current stretch of above-normal temperatures show no sign of abating). I'll keep my bathrobe on here at home instead.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Back