Another storm is a'comin??

Accuweather is still predicting the possibility of snow (or snow and sleet combined) for Southern and mid-NY State and New England on Sunday night and into Monday morning. Not a big storm and wet snow. Could also be rain, though, if not enough cold air is around. Let's hope for snow.

irregardless of what happens this weekend, there is the real possibility of blow torch warmth and season crippling rains latter on in the period.. :evil:

Look out your window... :sabre fight: :snowball fight:

Ithaca
Observation at: 800 AM EST
Sky/Weather: Light Rain
Temperature: 52 oF
Dew Point Temperature: 50oF
Relative Humidity: 93%
Wind: SE16G28
Pressure: 29.24F
Remarks:

Raining hard here in Western Mass and temps in the low 50's. Total washout. I'm guessing 2 to 4 inches of rain. Looks like it's raining all the way up into Canada. Stowe is reporting 42 degrees at the base. Not good for skiing, needless to say. Cold temps are coming back, though.

berkshireskier":2a9nt32z said:
Looks like it's raining all the way up into Canada.
Yes, it is. Started raining last night. Raining in Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, in the Saguenay and even higher North. You have to go to James Bay and Northern Quebec to expect the rain in this part of Eastern Canada.

I think my streak is going to end. :shock:

People need to relax and take it like Icelantic takes it. The second winter is about to start. It's funny how people get so angered by this rain. It's part of the east coast. As long as I can remember it rains at some point in January. We shouldn't be surprised by this. I believe that's why there is a thing called the "january thaw."

Harvey44":3h1o59a2 said:
Patrick":3h1o59a2 said:
I think my streak is going to end. :shock:

Say it ain't so Joe. You didn't ski this whole month? Soo hard to believe!

Joe skis Loon a lot, I don't.

:mrgreen: Skiing on the last Tuesday of January streak!!!

MRG: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009
Snow King WY: 2006

Taken from MRG website. I'm not going to burn a vacation day for tomorrow.

Because of this weather scenario we temporarily shut down the mountain on Monday in an effort to save our snow as best we can. Roll Back the Clock Day, scheduled for Tuesday, is not looking too promising. We will make call on whether or not we will be able to open by around 7 AM on Tuesday morning.

As for the month streak, it's stands at 52. I've skied 10 days so far in January, next scheduled outing is Wednesday night race. I knew that the streak comment would raise someone eyebrows. :lol:

rfarren":3h1o59a2 said:
People need to relax and take it like Icelantic takes it.
Agree...reminds me of 2007. Waiting to a big February...and March and April. :drool: [-o<

rfarren":3h1o59a2 said:
It's funny how people get so angered by this rain. It's part of the east coast. As long as I can remember it rains at some point in January. We shouldn't be surprised by this. I believe that's why there is a thing called the "january thaw."

The problem is that it's been pretty warm all Winter so far. You might see a big difference in NYC, but you notice it here in Ottawa.

Anthony":3h1o59a2 said:
I give up , the leafs have a better chance of winning the cup than a foot of snow falling. 8-[

As if... :rotfl: Hope you're wrong, but I agree, it hasn't been a great year up North unless you're skiing on the artificial stuff.

Patrick":2iyn8dbu said:
The problem is that it's been pretty warm all Winter so far. You might see a big difference in NYC, but you notice it here in Ottawa.

November was a bit warm for sure, but december through about the 10th january was consistently cold. In fact it was so cold the New York Times wrote about the greenland block being unusually strong this year. Has it really been that warm?

Back