Best location for skiing during Christmas break

We skied bachelor over the Xmas week. No summit but had a wonderful time. Bend is my fav ski town cause it isn’t a ski town. Real restaurants etc. like tony said easy ride to the mountain from town.

I am leaning towards Schweitzer at this point. The kids love tree skiing the most.

Our "big" break is a week mid-March. Is that when you would recommend Bachelor? Do you think there is enough terrain for week? If we didn't end up in Aspen again, I was considering either Mammoth or Utah. I would like to go to Banff/Lake Louise, but I think I will give it one more year to make sure we don't get hung up with covid restrictions, etc.

Starting from when they turned 3 in December, they have travelled to 13 mountains by air. They are blessed (I can't say spoiled.)
17/18 Keystone
18/19 Winter Park, Steamboat, Deer Valley
19/20 Copper (Big Sky cancelled due to covid)
20/21 Silver Mountain, Brundage/Tamarack
21/22 Grand Targhee/Jackson Hole, A-basin, Big Sky, Aspen

I didn't get a whole lot of skiing the first few years after the twins were born. Eventually, I decided the only way I was going to get out west again was if we took the kids along. Southwest had direct flights Chicago to Denver for some ridiculous price like $59. So, I booked them. Epic Keystone pass was cheap, and kids were either free or close to it. I also signed them up for lessons a couple times. We did some of the hokey tourist activities. Everyone I knew thought I was crazy for taking kids along, but we had an amazing time. Once we got the first trip down, the others were easier.
For those that take a chance on skiing with young kids it can be extremely rewarding. And I agree that once the first trip is done the rest are relatively easy. I think a big factor is to have the kids fend for themselves (to a degree) as far as getting their gear ready and their skis and poles to the first lift.
I too applaud your enthusiasm that results in multiple trips per season. I have done two before (Hokkaido in December and Banff/Whistler at Easter) but three is next level.
I have skied Grand Targhee, Jackson, Northstar, Alta and Aspen at Christmas/New Year and had a blast at all locations. I’ve never thought crowds were a factor that impacted negatively on the holiday.
If I were planning on a USA trip at that time of year again I would try some of those in Idaho or Washington that have been mentioned. You could also consider Whitefish.
Good luck!

Adam had 18 ski areas at the end of the age 7 season, 82 areas by age 22. He has added only 5 more in the last 14 years. Nearly all of his adult skiing is at Mammoth or in LCC.
Impressive! My kids have about 30 but we have to travel a bit further. They also had Covid rob them of two Northern Hemisphere seasons. With any luck they’ll be back on skis in under 90 days.

That's great! We have a little catching up to do.

I may push Bachelor out to April.
We went to Bachelor last April with a 6 and 8 year old. We stayed in a big new house in Sunriver for less than a typical hotel room. Big bonus is that private lessons are $500 a day, which is a steal compared to mammoth and other big areas.

We loved it, going back the week after new years.

Oh, and I’ve been to Schweitzer too, without kids. It’s a great mountain so I think it’ll be a good choice.

Back