Conversion from phpBB to Xenforo

I just uploaded a 1.71MB pic without issue.

I tried a 3.6MB pic and it shows the initial preview (the 'greyed out' preview) and never gives an error message nor ever seems to actually fully load the picture after ~10 minutes of waiting.

NOTICE: The FORUM is on the new server now. This SHOULD solve a lot of issues (downtime, security) and large images should be uploadable.

(The rest of the site is being moved too.)

plattekill-powderdaize-2021 - 1.jpeg

Plattekill Powderdaze Feb 2, 2021 2PM! Image size: 7.6Mb

THIS IS A TEST, and it worked. It is not recommended that you upload images this big. If you have a page full of images this large, it will load VERY slowly, especially on a phone.

Last edited:
NOTICE: At some point soon (?) there is going to be a switch over to the final server. @FTO Marc has pulled a file with all ATTACHMENTS (images) on it. It would be very helpful if we could refrain from posting any more images (or changing avatars) until that is done. New images posted will either require another pull of the attachment file, or the lost of those new images.

Basically the sooner the better. This should make the forum more secure, less suseptible to down time, and also solve the image size issue.

I agree with Harvey. I take my pictures at 4,000 x 3,000 and routinely resize to 50% before uploading. Old FTO had some kind of batch limit uploading pics at one time. For my 2,000 x 1,500 pics, the limit was about 6 pics at a time. Xenforo does not seem to limit number of pics so efficiency was better on that last Mammoth TR, except that there were 4 pics over 1MB that I had to reduce further. Thanks to Harvey for fixing that issue.

Right now, the time stamp on all posts seems to be several hours ahead of where I am. How do I set it so the forum reflects my time zone?

Right now, the time stamp on all posts seems to be several hours ahead of where I am. How do I set it so the forum reflects my time zone?
Click on your screenname in the upper right (desktop).
Choose PREFERENCES.
Adjust TIME ZONE.

I created the "Conversion to Xenforo" thread but directed such questions here in order to keep such inquiries in the same place.

James thinks we need two threads. That requires splitting the "Future of FTO" topic and then merging the split posts to the "Conversion from php to XenForo" thread. I don't see split/merge options, but maybe Harvey or XF Marc can show me how.

Unless that can be done, I think the questions should stay in this thread.

Last edited:
Tony it looks like you and are admins but not mods. To split and move threads I'm pretty sure you've got to be a mod too.

I didn't do that much to help really, but I am glad I did. It's great to see you guys using the forum.

It's the same old (good) stuff, on a way more usable platform.

It's great to see you guys using the forum.
Yes, thanks for pushing this across the finish line. Even though I copied all of my FTO TRs into your forum last summer, I'm glad that we were able to save our content and keep this small (ok, extremely small!) community together. This forum still wins the signal-to-noise award in my book.

Back