Drafts - where to find them?

ChrisC

How do you find drafts you created?

I see the system pre-loads your latest draft. However, often it can be an outdated version - even if you saved a more recent version.

I still strongly advise writing reports as complex as ChrisC's offline, then pasting. There's way too much potential wasted duplication time if something goes wrong, which includes non-forum related issues like bad hotel WiFi.

I know the new Forum saves drafts, but there is a time limit. I don't know what it is, but perhaps MarcD can tell us. That said I would never write an incomplete FTO report, planning to come back to it later. If something interrupted me, I'd make the post in incomplete form and come back and edit later. Remember, I insisted MarcD abolish editing time limits completely.

How do you find drafts you created? I see the system pre-loads your latest draft. However, often it can be an outdated version - even if you saved a more recent version.
Interesting, I've never had a previous/outdated version appear. Doesn't the latest version pre-load after you: a) click on the appropriate forum in which you started the draft (Europe, Western North America, General, etc.), and then b) click the Post Thread button? That said; I have no idea what happens if you've drafted, for example, two different trip reports in the Europe forum -- does it only save the one you worked on last?

Remember, I insisted MarcD abolish editing time limits completely.
It would be helpful if MarcD could clarify if there's a time limit on editing drafts. Anecdotally, a few times I've gone back several days later and all of the content in a draft post, including photos, was still there.

I would still ecommend posting an incomplete report which you know can be edited indefinitely than leaving a draft out there with unknown longevity.

Yeah, I did a 'preview' and then lost my most recent version. It went back to the prior day's version.

I also get versions of responses to responses.

I have so many drafts going....but can't you get to a profile screen with a drafts link? Seems like basic software. Hello - I have been through too many registration and account management meetings since the late 90s.

I guess the only good feature of the last software was multiple drafts - when all your pics fail to load.

I'm not aware of drafts. I know you can save a response to a thread, but that's not the same thing. (?)

I found this in support. Does it help?

At NYSB we just have a non-public are were we actually post works in progress. I guess I can see how that might not work here, with fewer active members.

In the link Harv posted above, someone suggested a drafts menu more than a year ago:

I get distracted...

It's always fun when your finance guy says you have $8M in venture finance in Silicon Valley Bank,.... and you want them to help with a series B financing and possible bridge loan. F-things.

What was fun in your 20s and exciting.... has gotten a bit mundane. and problematic in your 40s I'm still doing the basic analyst work and DCF/Comparable models.

And now I have to educate all these over-privileged $100k+ salaries after college Gen Zers - you lived in a low-interest bubble. You are just not that useful. Smart to get rid of them - 10-20% are useless.

I now give interviews: Here are all your paid databases - I want revenue, comparables, and DCF valuations on all of our competitors. And 3 partnerships/resellers - since we cannot afford a sales force. 30 minutes and we will discuss.

Last edited:
In the link Harv posted above, someone suggested a drafts menu more than a year ago:

Not rocket science. 'Save Drafts". How about a 'See Drafts" link to a profile. Not hard. Basic database sw. Should take less than 6 hours to production.

I'm not the Xenforo sw guy. Just be glad we are no longer on the only phpBB with a very part time admin.

Last edited:
Back