Freaking lines!

Lucky Luke

Here's a couple of pics from the east, may 12 to 14.
There's not much of that kind of stuff in the east so I'll keep the location for myself. :twisted:

Attachments

• DSCF0081.JPG
    DSCF0081.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 5,121
  • DSCF0085.JPG
    DSCF0085.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 5,114
  • DSCF0088.JPG
    DSCF0088.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 5,128
  • DSCF0115.JPG
    DSCF0115.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 5,130
  • DSCF0117.JPG
    DSCF0117.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 5,124
  • DSCF0132.JPG
    DSCF0132.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 5,129
  • DSCF0138.JPG
    DSCF0138.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 5,129
  • DSCF0144.JPG
    DSCF0144.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 5,118
Sweet pics.

...but I kind of curious, what is the big deal about keeping this stuff secret? I'm pretty sure I know where you are and it is in the middle of nowhere has a lot of terrain. Will a few more skiers really make a huge difference? I mean quite a lot of people know about the other skiing in the Presi's outside of Tucks which is close to a lot of people and has easy access and it still doesn't get crowded at all, and it is always posted on the internet. I would think a few more people exploring would make it better. It's not like you're going to get complete gapers up there. Just sort of curious since this is like the 5th TR I have seen from up there this season which disclosed the location.

awf170":1nlzigut said:
...but I kind of curious, what is the big deal about keeping this stuff secret? I'm pretty sure I know where you are and it is in the middle of nowhere has a lot of terrain.
I can explain, some of the terrain here is off-limit (ie. restricted areas where rules are strictly enforced).

After some reactions that was received by one or two regulars of this area on his initial report posted in another forum, it was decided that it was better not to publicize more than it is. I was able to convince him that he still post a few pics from that trip here on FTO (which we had planned initially prior to this trip).

One of the big worries is that the whole area can potential become offlimits after April 1st. Many great lines still don't have any restrictions and some regulars to not want people to push the authorities into a further crackdown.

PS. The fines are close to $300 and have been given out after this trip.

Just sort of curious since this is like the 5th TR I have seen from up there this season which disclosed the location.

5th report? I don't think this specific place has ever reported here this year or last. Some might look similar, but aren't necessarily the same areas.

Thanks again Lucky, next time I hope health issues won't get in the way. :wink:

Patrick":hj9qzhlv said:
awf170":hj9qzhlv said:
...but I kind of curious, what is the big deal about keeping this stuff secret? I'm pretty sure I know where you are and it is in the middle of nowhere has a lot of terrain.
I can explain, some of the terrain here is off-limit (ie. restricted areas where rules are strictly enforced).

After some reactions that was received by one or two regulars of this area on his initial report posted in another forum, it was decided that it was better not to publicize more than it is. I was able to convince him that he still post a few pics from that trip here on FTO (which we had planned initially prior to this trip).

One of the big worries is that the whole area can potential become offlimits after April 1st. Many great lines still don't have any restrictions and some regulars to not want people to push the authorities into a further crackdown.

PS. The fines are close to $300 and have been given out after this trip.

Just sort of curious since this is like the 5th TR I have seen from up there this season which disclosed the location.

5th report? I don't think this specific place has ever reported here this year or last. Some might look similar, but aren't necessarily the same areas.

Thanks again Lucky, next time I hope health issues won't get in the way. :wink:

Yeah, I was thinking that might be the reason.

Also, I was thinking whole entire area, not specific spots. Also, not just this forum but all ski forums.

Back