I suppose it's update time...

Ryan

Wel a lot has happened since the last time I managed a post in here so I thought that I'd drop an update. I'm already getting stoked and ready for the coming season and it is only mid august... I'm hosed.

Here is the big news for me. I FINALLY got the nerve and quit my Computer Analyst desk job and am going to ski instruck FULL TIME this winter!!!!! \:D/

For the summers I opened up my own business building ornamental ponds... mostly for japanese koi, but that is only to pay those summer bills. I'm aiming for 75+ ski days this winter which for Western PA is going to take some pushing it and some travel but who cares....

Hey Patrick, any chance of you hitting K-Mart again for the season opener?

Nice and hear from you, Congrats on your changes. I got some pictures to scan about some nut skiing on sand + i never sent you the group pic of us at Kmart. Congrats on your changes.

Ryan":22sa6ri3 said:
I'm already getting stoked and ready for the coming season and it is only mid august...

Some of us are never stopped (ie. Marc and Tony).

Ryan":22sa6ri3 said:
Hey Patrick, any chance of you hitting K-Mart again for the season opener?

If I'm hitting K again this fall, it will probably be November 16th (maybe 14th). :shock:

Why that day? I going to see Bauhaus in Montreal on the 15th, so I can take the opportunity of being in Montreal to take a short drive across the border. Order than that, I don't think I would go to Montreal twice in a very short period in November. But you never know :?:

Congrats on the career moves Ryan! Hey, why stay in PA if you made the commitment to instructing FT? I'd be moving myself out west, preferably to our administrator's neck of the woods in SLC.

As for opening day at Kmart, I'll be there this season, as will several other folks who have commited to it at this point. I can't speak for them, but I'll definitely be there.

Patrick":1zdq70n7 said:
Why that day? I going to see Bauhaus in Montreal on the 15th

Bauhaus is touring?? :shock: Are we talking with Peter Murphy, Daniel Ash, David J, etc.? They're actually getting along?? Is there a website out there with tour dates? Oh please, oh please let them come to the Goth capital of the Intermountain West! That's one band I never had the pleasure of seeing in my youth, and I often wish that I had. Peter Murphy solo at Radio City Music Hall in NYC was a pale substitute.

JimG.":1zdq70n7 said:
Hey, why stay in PA if you made the commitment to instructing FT? I'd be moving myself out west

I was thinking the same thing.

Congratulations on the change as this is what we all think about but never do. Let?s hope for a early season.

Admin":2s6ixkdl said:
Patrick":2s6ixkdl said:
Why that day? I going to see Bauhaus in Montreal on the 15th

Bauhaus is touring?? :shock: Are we talking with Peter Murphy, Daniel Ash, David J, etc.? They're actually getting along?? Is there a website out there with tour dates? Oh please, oh please let them come to the Goth capital of the Intermountain West!

For a partially off topic reply.

YES!!! \:D/

I was soooo disapointed when Peter Murphy only played a few dates in his US tour this Spring (not even Toronto).
:cry:

Tour info is going to cost you a few nights at your home this winter.

SLC might be great for skiing, but not for concert, especialy Goth. As you will see, the closest and only place is Denver on Nov 5.

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall. ... AU&PSKey=Y

That's one band I never had the pleasure of seeing in my youth, and I often wish that I had. Peter Murphy solo at Radio City Music Hall in NYC was a pale substitute.

Same here Marc, same here. Actually this is their second reunion tour, the last one was in 1998 and they Toronto. I was still kicking myself for no going ](*,) , UNTIL THIS WEEK.

JimG.":2s6ixkdl said:
Hey, why stay in PA if you made the commitment to instructing FT? I'd be moving myself out west

I was thinking the same thing.

Same here...

Patrick":1lc73aeo said:
Tour info is going to cost you a few nights at your home this winter.

No extortion is required. :wink:

Patrick":1lc73aeo said:
SLC might be great for skiing, but not for concert, especialy Goth. As you will see, the closest and only place is Denver on Nov 5.

Bummer! :x Actually, you'd be surprised at how vibrant the goth scene is in this city, despite the city's reputation.

Admin":33pt8syv said:
Bummer! :x Actually, you'd be surprised at how vibrant the goth scene is in this city, despite the city's reputation.

I guess living has some disavantages (sorry). The Goths will be coming out of the attic for this show. I had heard rumour so it wasn't a surprise, but some of my old friends had the same reaction as you.

"Peter Murphy, no I said Bauhaus..."
With...
Yes with David J, Daniel Ash, Kevin....
No, you're joking right?
No, I bought my ticket today"
What's the phone number...

Front the offcial website.

http://www.bauhausmusik.com/tour_dates.html

Took fully advantages last night that the whole family is in Montreal, dusted off the old turn table and played of few hours of that music. And all I heard is people talking about the Rolling Stones in Ottawa. :lol:

Thanks for all of the support on this decision. I would think about moving out west if it fit into the life plan but I don't think that it is going to for a while. I am about a year away from a coming wedding and have a lot of family ties to this part of PA. Not to mention that I am going to be a lot more active in funning my family business which happens to be a small X-C Ski area here in PA. (about 23 miles of groomed trail and a lodge big enough or 35 guests) That is still my fathers gig but I will be helping out there. I am about positive about K-Mart so perhaps a few of us from here at First Tracks could hook up for some runs. That would be a blast.

Patrick I have to see those pics of the sand. That is got to be a great way to turn old skis into a "single use" item.

Ryan":1sgg9xdu said:
Patrick I have to see those pics of the sand. That is got to be a great way to turn old skis into a "single use" item.
Check out the "August Turns in Ontario" discussion a few discussions lower. :D

Back