Jay Peak: Jan 27th -- End of season ;(

BigJay

We went up to Jay today even tough it didn't snow much this week... Like River said, all lifts had problems at some point of the day... Jay needs to take care of that... At one point, ALL lifts were down... We were in the freezer and the chair stopped... We looked and could see the Tram bouncing up... In the background, the Jet and Bonny were still closed... Wow! That's reliability right there!

Jay needs snow! Some woods are very dangerous... And the glades also! BBP is toasted! Nothing to see there! Every inch of snow was skied off by 10AM! Vertigo was nice! Soft and still with good patched of freshies. We stayed in the woods all day... Sun was out and the weather was pretty warm actually! I have to disagree with River on this... I had to unzip at the bottom of every run... and i had vents open in my pants and jacket... Felt pretty good... Well, it should i'm going BIKING tomorrow around Jay to check out the course for the winter Jay Challenge...

We finished the day by venturing out to do the dip... 2 mins into it and we changed our minds... The thing was skied off and pretty sketchy... No powder there... So we went down on the far side and came back on the Corona Highway back to the base... There was some snow in there... but still sketchy and dangerous with trees and stumps stickin out everywhere...

All good things must come to an end... Today was my last day of the season... Friday, i'm finally getting shoulder surgery to re-thighten some ligaments. I dislocated my shoulder 6 times in the last 6 years... The last time was 2 years ago... but last friday, i was rock climbing and it popped out... So i was pissed... made some calls and was able to get surgery with one of the best sports doctors in Montreal... He only works on sport related shoulder problems... Most baseball players go to him...

Anyhow... If snow is good in April, i'll be back on the slopes... If not, i would at least had a couple of good days... 8 days in the backcountry and before the resorts were open... One day in Sutton riding sweet snow... 2 days at Jay with semi-powder feel.... 10 days in all... Total cost: 95$CAN for tickets... cheap season!

Sorry, no pictures or GPS data... We focussed on riding today!

sorry to hear you are out for the season, bigjay. hopefully you can get those april turns in if things go well. later in the day it definitely was warm, but i was damn cold in the morning (8a-10a especially).

Sorry to hear about your shoulder Big Jay.

Best of luck for the surgery and rehap. Hope you get some epic days in April.

Good luck BigJay. Hopefully you will be back this season - I had rotator cuff surgery at the end of October in '04 and was skiing groomers with one pole on New Years weekend. You just need to find a doctor who skis! :wink:

yak":b8wc94td said:
Good luck BigJay. Hopefully you will be back this season - I had rotator cuff surgery at the end of October in '04 and was skiing groomers with one pole on New Years weekend. You just need to find a doctor who skis! :wink:

Thanks everyone for all the support! I don't like going under the knife... But after 6 dislocations, i don't have a choice anymore... I'm always able to ride... and mountain bike also... But i'm always affraid it will happen again...

Went to the doc for some tests this morning... Operation is on friday... I hope it goes well... It should... :?

Back