Mad River Glen, VT 1/25/00

JimB

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/26/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>The conditions? <BR> <BR>Bumps, rocks, roots, ledges, ice, windblown, crust, slab, trees, powder (a little), snow falling, sleet falling, clouds, low wind, temps in the 20s, full parking lot but empty trails and no lift lines. <BR> <BR>The skiing? <BR> <BR>Full of surprises and challenges. Just about every condition existed out there yesterday. Today one condition will prevail, at least on the upper mtn.: <BR> <BR>POW <BR> <BR>Started to snow in earnest aroung 11 a.m. Snowed very hard for about 1.5 hours and switched to little ice balls and even some snain. What hit your jacket depended on how high up the mtn. you were. I left at 2:30 with light snow and some snain falling. Seemed too cold for such stuff, but there it was. Excellent first day for me this season at the Glen. I was humbled, exhilirated, mystified, lost, found, and the object of a skiing skills revelation and simultaneous frustration all in one 4.5 hour period and ~10 runs.

Back