48.1 KB · Views: 3,136
  • Sol-5.jpg
    Sol-5.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 3,138
  • Chito.jpg
    Chito.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 3,138
Thanks for the photos!

Pretty boring Xmas around here. I've got a cold. I was going to go ski the glacier they call Greek Peak, but I'm just not feeling up to it. I did just vacuum the house and am doing laundry. Not a holiday here.

My first ski days at Mt. Bachelor were 12/28-30/1985. They remain my most positive destination resort experience during "zoo week." An excellent choice for reliable early season snow and avoiding holiday crowds.

I was also up at Bachelor on the 21st and the 22nd. I was a bit nervous about the conditions when I left from Germany on the 16th, but boy did things work out well! The 21st was probably the best day of skiing I've ever had at Bachelor! The Outback and NW were spectacular in the morning and the powder off-piste was amazing. I had luckily rented some K2 Apache Outlaws which were perfect for the conditions (I was the first person to ski the pair I rented too!). What a great time! I miss Oregon and the NW......... I guess the Alps will have to do for now :p

A few pics from the trip. More at http://www.flickr.com/photos/atwoodn/se ... 605962344/

2157592019_dbf3252097_o.jpg

2158389948_4466cd055b_o.jpg

2157594875_00d1fe6d69_o.jpg

I LOVE that 3rd picture. Great perspective and lighting - mountain, clouds and tiny skier. :p

NateidOpf":1xhcff5n said:
I guess the Alps will have to do for now :p

Hope you can post a few reports from the Alps (with or without pictures).

Thanks Patrick - I love that picture too! In fact, I'm having it made in to a poster and then framed. Just a great reminder of what a perfect day it was back in my home state of Oregon and incentive to one day get back there!

I will definitely put up some Alps reports in the near future. I only get down there every 3 weeks or so with the ski club I help run. On non-Alps weekends, I ski some of the smaller local areas around me. I'll have plenty of pictures too - it's become a hobby of mine and I always have a camera with me.

Cheers!

Back