Mittersill to Become Part of Cannon Mountain

OMG, don't get me started. I'm not going to take the bait. I'm not going to speculate how often our senior citizen Ski Patrol director will "open" the gate to Mittersill (uh, half as often as he opens Middle Hardscrabble?). They put up a rope 2 weeks ago, and a big "CLOSED" sign, so they could make a big deal about "opening" Mittersill (uh, hasn't it been "open" for years, if you wanted to earn your turns with a 5 minute hike?). They put up 2 new warning signs for the "opening" ceremony Saturday, 3/28, which among other things, warn that rescue may be delayed, (uh, wasn't that one of the top arguments the State made, that because Ski Patrol was not allowed to respond, rescues were delayed? and now, it's still status quo?). Ski Patrol put a litter cache at the top of 'Mt Jackson', as the top of Mittersill is known. That'll save 5-10 minutes... I'm not going to speculate whether Cannon will groom the Mittersill slopes into submission for access by the masses (of course they will). I'm not going to speculate whether the land-swap campaign pledge to keep Mittersill 'natural' will be broken (uh, look what's happening in Washington...). I hear the nurse coming with my medication, I'll have to sign off FTO before she gets here, they think FTO aggravates my 'condition'...

:lol: Good to see you back here, Lftgly! Figures that would bring you out of the woodwork, but it's been too long.

Back