New lifts and terrain expantion in North America?

lono

Our local hill Modest Mt. is cutting a liftline and trails this summer on the north side with the installation of fixed-grip triple chair next summer.Terrain mostly intermediate. Local reaction is mixed. This has been an area with a short walk-nice powder ratio.
Any where else?

Thought the description sounded familiar then I spotted your location.

One of the more exciting ones that springs to mind is the major expansion at Red Mountain up in BC.

Red Mountain expansion

Peak 6 at Breckenridge is a reasonably significant expansion. A few lift replacements down this way as well.

Lots and lots of master development plans all over Colorado with proposed terrain expansions for future years... but not a lot of new terrain for this season.

Both of these are positive developments IMHO. Red needs more terrain balance, which it appears Grey will help quite a bit. Peak 6 at Breck looks to me to be similar to Peak 7, which is the best terrain there now.

Deer Valley has proposed a major expansion into Wasatch County. Close to 1000 new acres and several new lifts, all located south of the Jordanelle gondola pod. There would be a new base area along Route 40, and the trail pod would extend west up towards Mayflower and Sultan lifts. I think it would happen in the next couple years.

They also have a proposed gondola connecting the Silver Lake area down to Main Street.

ac86":2p4si02y said:
Deer Valley has proposed a major expansion into Wasatch County. Close to 1000 new acres and several new lifts, all located south of the Jordanelle gondola pod. There would be a new base area along Route 40, and the trail pod would extend west up towards Mayflower and Sultan lifts. I think it would happen in the next couple years.

They also have a proposed gondola connecting the Silver Lake area down to Main Street.
The above Deer Valley expansions get meager snowfall and will be highly dependent upon snowmaking.

q":j3cbyun1 said:
Thought the description sounded familiar then I spotted your location.

One of the more exciting ones that springs to mind is the major expansion at Red Mountain up in BC.

Red Mountain expansion

Also heard about Red Mountain Expansion..what you think will be the result for that?

Thank you q . The link to Red was great.Was there twice in 90's on BC pow safaris.Challenging terrain.One LONG chair up Granite.Rained both visits,promised locals we woundn't return. A very cool place. Give me a heads up if your travels bring you to the not so big.

Back