Revelstoke, BC Feb 14-15, 2024

EMSC

Warm up for cat skiing for the 2nd straight year was at Revy. Next year I'll do something different for sure (silver star?).

Revy was in the same boat as the rest of BC with rain 2 weeks prior all the way to the top, with about 12-14" since then (my guess based on what I saw/skied). Mostly having snowed on Sun/Mon prior to our Wed-Thurs ski days. But being a big resort, for the most part plenty of people had skied it. So some areas where you could ski soft snow if you worked for it, many places with soft snow relegated to mogul tops or etc... and pretty scratchy groomers with a layer of fluff on top. I've certainly skied worse, but not exactly the conditions to travel long distance for if you can help it. Day two for us did have about 1000 vert lookers left of Stoke chair partially filled in with wind sift. Problem was that occasionally the icy scratch could also look just like wind sift so still a bit variable skiing.

Very little of the Gondola terrain was worth even attempting (though we did ski down both days on the groomer(s)); and on the lower gondola they had certain corners on the one open groomer trail that they were making overnight snow on still! But the base is only like 1500' or so which is very low. People in town said they were about 2 meters short of snowfall from normal at the base.

Still no idea how/why there is no real restaurant on the upper mtn at Revy. Just a tiny little thing top of the gondola that fits maybe 2 dozen and has an outdoor deck.

Short hike to North Bowl
Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Top of Ripper Chair from Drop In entry
Image00003.jpg

Greely Bowl skiing clip that shows nicely soft snow, but probably not worth the effort of traversing and the long exit.

Greely Bowl exit down very icy ad scraped off creek run
Image00005.jpg

trees skiers left of Stoke
Image00006.jpg

I still highly recommend Seoul Street for Korean food when in town. Overall town was not super crowded due to conditions, but we still had to eat at the bar here.
Image00007.jpg

After skiing two days at Revy we decided it was not worth a third day in current conditions (really just over half a day skipped due to meeting heli mid afternoon for Mustang). We did blow an hour or so at the local train museum. If not for the trains coming through, there would be no Revelstoke in a very literal sense. Today a train pulls through town every ~20min.
Image00008.jpg

Back