Snow continues to be dumped on Gaspesia... 14" today

Frankontour

A little follow up of the situation in the province :

Since our visit in early february, Val D'Irene in Gaspesia has received something like 10 feet of snow and nothing has melt up to now. Today, they have received another 14" and I guess that the actual snowstorm could leave out there another ton of snow. Its neighbour, Mt Comi, which received about 300" of snow up to now this year hasn't lost a single bit of snow for months... this year, they plan to stay open into may, as they will have decent coverage to ski probably into june.

On the north shore of St-Lawrence river, Mont Grand-Fonds and Mt Édouard closed sunday, with about 60-80+" of natural snow coverage (they also have snowmaking so more like 100+" in these trails) (closure due to the lack of skiers), but at least the Valinouet will remain open for another few weeks.

Even though it's some great news for us, the bad new for me is that I have to work every weekend up to the end of april, but I think I may have a chance to get back on these slopes in early may... hmmm would be so nice, a little tree skiing in june... ;)

Back