Southern California Ski Advice

Snowbrains lists are not known for their accuracy. Mad River's original single ran to April 2007. A new single replaced it the next season.

At the end of the day you can ski OB from the top of West into Sawmill Canyon, which ends at the First Tracks area in the East parking lot.
Where exactly do you like to drop into Sawmill from the top of West? Or is pretty much anywhere good?

thanks for the pics baldyskier. i'm sure you all saw the thread on Snowbrains about the oldest lifts in N. America. It's amazing to me that this day and age that chair #1 still exists.....

gonna pass on $115 mt baldy tickets and lift lines and use my PTO to enjoy boat drinks somewhere near the equator ............

337288931_597196895361602_8946655146834491181_n.jpg
@jojo_obrien are you getting soft in your not-so-old age? 😉

Last edited:
Where exactly do you like to drop into Sawmill from the top of West? Or is pretty much anywhere good?
It doesn't matter that much. It's managing the exit as far down the ravine as you can that's important. I have not been in there more than 5 or 6x in 40 years. If the base is deep enough for slackcountry skiing, I'm usually at Baldy.

Chris, I'ma telemark today Saturday at Baldy look for the Buffalo Plaid/Kinco Style and introduce yourself please. Here's my AR Emoji...
MyEmoji.gif

Back