Stowe - anyone getting back into the woods?

asland

Stowe- anyone been skiing their backcountry (sidecountry) lately? Teardrop, hellbrook.... anyone skiing it lately? How are the conditions?

thanks,
asland

Read Scott's post (powderfreak) - "finally it's winter." Looks pretty darn good.

asland":w42yh41t said:
Stowe- anyone been skiing their backcountry (sidecountry) lately? Teardrop, hellbrook.... anyone skiing it lately? How are the conditions?

Don't know, but I've seen somewhere that someone is considering hellbrook this weekend.

i don't know... i remember talk of "winter's never going to come" or "the winter that never was" northern VT is in a pretty amazing pattern the past 3 weeks. i mean, wow. just little 4"-6" overnight. 3" during the day. sunny for a day or two. repeat. it adds up- especially in the leeward, snow collecting areas.

basically, i'm nowhere near VT and pissed off. all that crap weather from december/early january and now this? i'd put money down for that deal any day.

snowstake is gonna pass 50" soon enough... and the pattern maybe changing in a week or two- maybe some coastal stuff starting to roll in- eventually?? whatever, 15" in 2.5 days at stowe is pretty awesome. i'd imagine things are getting to be pretty sweet in the woods- i was there 3 weeks ago for the big upslope/windhole event that kinda started off this pattern. it was a bit sketchy in the woods- snowstake was at 30-33" or so. i can only imagine what all this snow means...

Back