Summit County airport shuttle

johnnash

Hi, we've finally decided to try going carless on a trip to Breck, and taking an airport shuttle instead of renting a car. This is a first for us, so I was just wondering if anyone has had any either very good or bad experiences with the 4 shuttle services that are operating from DIA. Thanks for any intel!

Sorry for the lack of intel. As a local I don't ever need the use of the shuttles so I have no idea on service quality. I do know that at least a couple of them are just as expensive as renting a car. So not sure how much actual savings are to be had. Perhaps just the savings of hassle factor from driving all the time.

Yes, EMSC, you're right that going by shuttle isn't a big money saver compared to renting a regular car. But we've got 2 couples, which means we'd need to rent a big SUV, and the rental companies really rape you on those -- in the neighborhood of $1,000/ week! Plus my wife and I are staying longer than the other couple, which makes a rental car complicated. I'll post on our experience after we return. Cheers

I would be renting 2 regular cars in this scenario. With Multiple ski areas, spread out dining options etc. it has to be much more convenient.

Back